Thursday 16 April 2009

The best laid plans.....

Tomorrow is the big day, the day I get to sell myself and bag a new job - if I'm lucky!

Today I had so much planned:-

6.30 - take the girls to nursery
7.30 - Go to the gym, do a 10K
9.00 - Hair cut & colour
Lunch - return home & select interview outfit (which consists of trying on every suit, trouser, skirt, jacket & shirt combination I own.
Some time later - tackle the shoe decision
Some time before 5.30 - go through all the research I've done for the job & practice some answers
5.30 - Pick the girls up
6.30 - girls in the bath, supper & bed
7.30 - Crack open the wine
Sometime before midnight - crawl into bed & pray the girls sleep through!

Unfortunately we failed at the first hurdle - both girls are running a fever, Dora has a viral rash & has been puking for England.
All bets are off, all plans are cancelled.

The joys of being a mum!

3 comments:

2momswithaplan said...

I don't know what I'm going to do when I become a mom... I'm a planner and it seems plans go out the window when you have kids. I'll have to adjust.

Anonymous said...

Darn the luck! Hope the girls start feeling better and good luck with the ultimate delima of what to wear!

Crys said...

Oh, the poor girls! I've been learning very much all about how the best laid plans sometimes get thrown in the garbage. Just last night we did that! I hope that the girls start to feel better soon. And good luck on your interview!

Who's reading?