Monday 9 February 2009

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by Shannon - check out her entry, I'm sure we all know someone who fits that description!



Here are the rules of the tag:

1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open to page 56.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.

5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the CLOSEST!

6. Tag five (or more) other people to do the same!





So here's my words of wisdom from 'the dice man' by Luke Rhinehart:-



'We could have our first social project by changing husbands for a week,' said Arlene.

'Neither of us would notice any difference,' Lil said.



So there you have it - nothing intellectual I'm afraid!



Grab your books Ladies, you've been tagged too:-



Kami

Minnie

Smirking Cat

Just Me

Two Moms with a plan

3 comments:

Smirking Cat said...

I read this at work, ooops! Trust me, you don't want to read anything from the books at my work desk. I'll grab the first book I cross when I get home!

dani said...

I came across your blog from The Mother Letters Project blog. I know this is silly...but my daughter is in the Leelou Blogs cute baby photo contest and I am trying to spread the word for people to vote for her!! I need HUNDREDS of votes for her to even come close to catching up to the front-runners. I have been trying to figure out where to find hundreds of people, and I didn't think it was approriate to ask Seth to post something so silly on The Mother Letters Blog (obviously), but I figured maybe all the people who helped with the project would be willing to go give my little Makenzie from AZ a vote : ) If not, that's ok too. I am just trying to get creative and reach more people! If you'd like to help me by voting for Makenzie, please go to http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/ and spread the word for others to vote as well : )

EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY THOUGH...I am also recruiting prayer warriors for a tiny little miracle baby named Kayleigh Freeman, maybe you've heard of her and are already praying for her. It was through her blog that I heard about the contest in the first place. Even if you don't take the time to vote for Makenzie, please take a minute to visit HER website: http://www.kayleighannefreeman.blogspot.com/ and say a prayer for this sweet girl!

Sincerely,
Daniele Brown

PS- THE MOTHER LETTERS PROJECT is in NO WAY associated with this request other than the fact that I found your blog there!!

Trixi said...

Burned Alive by Soud

Even though, for years, I forgot events as important as Hannan's disappearance, I never forgot the green tomato, and the humiliation of being treated as if I was worth less than a dog.
And to see my father sitting calmly in the shade, napping like a king after he had trashed me was the worst part.
He was the symbole of enslavement, which was taken for granted by all, including me as I accepted, bent my back and lowered my head under the blows, like my sisters and mother.

Well thats me Mrs M. and a v v v v good book.

Who's reading?