In the same spirit I have passed many items onto friends and they too have been grateful. Now that Dora has passed the 'baby' stage I have lots more stuff washed and packed up - many items are still in the original box:-
- Mama's and Papa's car seat - cost £150 and used for 4 months
- Bumbo seat - boxed as new
- Steam sterilizer - Boxed as new
- Annabel Karmel weaning kit - blended, ramekins, measuring spoons, pots all boxed as new
- NUK bottles and teats - unopened
- 2 hanging rails full of baby clothes - washed and like new
I know several young girls who are pregnant with girls and I have offered all of the above items and so much more - for free. Given the current financial climate, and I know that these girls are low earners, I'd have thought they would have snapped my hands off......... not a chance!! Neither of them want to have second hand stuff for their babies and would rather spend money they don't have to buy new!
You just can't help some people, I know it's nice to have new but in today's climate I'd be grabbing anything that was offered to me!